Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

The Divine Feminine


Please bear with me when you read this blog. I am working out an aspect of my trip as I write and it might not yet be totally coherent. I know I’m on to something here but I don’t think it has fully revealed itself to me yet!

Before I left for the trip to Egypt I became aware of a feeling of strong connection to the goddess Hathour (see the picture). She basically represents the Divine Feminine qualities of compassion, intuition etc. Essentially the same type of stuff we associate with Venus, Athena, Mary Magdalene and so on. Those of us involved with the Beloved Community feel that the time is now here for the Divine Feminine to reassert itself.

What I came to eventually realise was that one of my jobs on this trip was to connect with and reactivate feminine energy at certain relevant places.
As a Minister of Spiritual Peacemaking I work at embodying peace, compassion, unconditional love consciousness, gentleness, intuition and light. There are certain energy hot spots for these qualities. In modern day Egypt the feminine in society seems to be repressed. It was very noticeable for example how few women there were out and about. In Aswan I saw hardly any women anywhere and all the services on our Nile crusier and at our hotels were provided by men. At many of the sites we visited faces and figures of Hathour were defaced. Seems like there is great fear created by the Divine Feminine. I began to realise that I am one of those able to bring Divine Feminine qualities into this area of the world where they were once respected and cultivated and where there are hot spots connected to this. In so doing I was being used to help reactivate the light connected to these qualities to release this energy out into our personal and collective energy grids.

NB: Can I just say right now that if anyone has even the remotest idea of what I am talking about here please can they explain it to me?

The Power of Sekhmet
There is another aspect to the Divine Feminine that only began to dawn on me right at the end of the trip, at Giza in fact.
I doubt if I will ever understand with my conscious mind all that was going on in the King’s Chamber, but when I came out something opened up for me that I hadn’t thought about before.

I have begun to recognise the power aspect of the Divine Feminine. Some of this led me onto some of the realisations I’ve had about leadership, which I will write about later.

When we visited the temple of Karnak our guide took us to a far corner of the complex where, behind a closed door we visited a beautiful statue of Sekhmet. One of the group had been asked by Kuthumi to perform a ritual there. Now I’ll put my cards down on the table here immediately and say that I actually know very little about Egyptian leaders and gods etc. I came away from this trip not having learned very much either simply because I very rarely listened to anything the guide told us. I was having a very right brain experience at these places and looking for space and silence the whole time. So as I understood it Sekhmet is a goddess of war. This didn’t really appeal to me so I took part I the ceremony but held myself back a bit I now realise. It was later that Sekhmet began to get to me.

One thing I have absorbed is that the gods are personifications of certain qualities. Looking at my copy of John Anthony West’s excellent book “The Traveller’s Key to Ancient Egypt” I see he has some interesting things to say about Sekhmet (I really should pay more attention):
“Sekhmet had both beneficent and maleficent aspects. She was associated both with healing and with disease.
War was waged under Sekhmet’s aegis. She inspired both reverence and fear. She is usually portrayed as a woman with exposed breasts and the head of a lioness; but on occasion she has an ithyphallic male body.”

Sounds like a high-maintenance friend to me.
For me Sekhmet embodies the female aspect of power. Actually I wrote that sentence and much of the rest of this blog before reading West’s description quoted above. His description makes even more sense of what I am grappling with here. Because I am grappling with this stuff. I’m not writing this because I think I’ve got any answers or any profound insights. I’m making it up as I go along and trying to make sense of it all.

So, why did this feminine power aspect thing particularly become relevant to me? It was in Giza that I realised that the strong masculine energy of the Great Pyramid has an equally strong feminine aspect and that I was experiencing this feminine aspect as well in the King’s Chamber.
This power I am referring to is not an aggressive power governed by lust consciousness. It is an assertive power. It is the energy that drives change forward. It is the energy that provides a type of centred strength that is important as a platform for providing support to others. It is also important to be centred and strong in order to be able to step out on your own path to peace, especially at times when the way forward is hidden. It is a force that is born from love as opposed to the masculine power which is a force born from fear. I want to say right here that I am talking about forces here and that both men and women manifest both of these forces. I know women who mainly manifest masculine power and I know men who mainly manifest feminine power. I am not talking about a boys v. girls thing specifically but a love v. fear thing. This stuff can be quite complex. In sacred geometry every male spiral, for example, has a complementary female spiral which has a complementary male spiral which has a complementary female spiral .. ad infinitum. All forces and shapes exist simultaneously one after the other. (STOP Sue!)

So the inner truth I am playing with right now, and having lots of fun, concerns power and its various manifestations. As usual I don’t really have any answers, just more and more questions!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?